Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no viewers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no viewers

Hi folks, I'm new on here and eager to find a solution to my problem. The house is a 2 bed semi and has been on the market since around March which makes it eight months. Within that time we've only had two viewers and that was within the first month with another agent. With the current agent we've had nothing, zilch, nada! They say it's due to new property (which isn't in this area but three miles away) and the delas being offered with them and we need to reduce the price again to get people through the door. The house is 115,950 and is in a nice area, semi rural with a lovely canal walk nearby. Shops and schools all within ten minutes walk. Would be grateful if anyone could take a look at it and offer any clues as to why things are so stale. Thanks.
    Rawlinson Lane, Heath Charnock, Lancs

Re: no viewers

How does the pricing compare with similar houses in your area?

Comment

Re: no viewers

Hi Linnee,

I have just come across you thread. I hope by now you have been able to sell your home. However, if not, I hope my response helps.

So, I have looked over your home and it seems like a very nice and warm home. Using a bit of research and skimming through your ad, I can provide a few constructive criticisms.

Primarily, the key selling features of your home, the kitchen and bathroom could be sticking points. Effectivey, your kitchen does not have the modern, sleek finish that home buyers are looking for in today's market. Moreover, whilst your bathroom suite is up to date, the room colour could be a bit more neutral, as from what I can see it is a light pink/peach colour. Now, to be honest, I would not go out investing much in doing these updates, just a bit of neutral paint here and there, plus chrome finishes would do the trick.

Now, coupled with the areas of improvement I have highlighted above, the market price of your home is at the top half of the value barometer for your area. Having done a quick check on nethouseprice the last property to sell in your area went for £115,000, earlier this year. So buyers could be slightly relunctant based on your price compared to similar houses in your area. So if you can manouvre on price, it may help. However, if you do decide to, put emphasis on your estate agent to make this publically known that you have provided a discount from the original price. This would include updating the window display of your ad, emailing their buyer list and placing it on your for sale board. Now, this may seem over the top, but it would help make your home stand out and could re-engage the interest of past buyers.

I hope my response has helped.

Good luck with your home sale :-)

Comment

Working...
      X