Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fast Sale Property Companies - good or bad?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Sale Property Companies - good or bad?

Hello
    After a long, protracted and ultimately disappointing experience with an Estate Agency, I need to sell my house quickly and I am considering selling to one of the many "fast sale" companies that advertise on the web and in the newspapers.
    I was particularly interested in Gateway Homes but I wondered if anyone had any recommendations as it looks like a quick, easy, cost-free way of selling my home.
    I appreciate that they won't pay the full market value - but that's fine as long as I get a speedy resolution.
    Has anyone got any experience of Gateway or any of the other companies out there please?
    Many thanks.

Re: Fast Sale Property Companies - good or bad?

Hello there is a new tv show that is looking for properties to sell quickly. dont know if this would help?

Comment

No doubt online companies have wider scope and grasp of the market, but it isn’t going to be that quick as you are expecting.
      Guaranteed Rent Scheme |Estate agents Canary Wharf

Comment

If you're looking to sell for cash you need to expect them to discount 20-25% off the market value of your property.

So long as you're happy with that, you should be fine.

Comment

Hi, this is an interesting thread. The right fast house sale companies definitely do have a far wider scope to help you sell your home quickly, and not neccessarily at the discount you expect.

However, in terms of Gateway Homes, I think you may find the below link of interest:
          BBC News - Complaints over quick house sale companies

After reading the article, you may have second thoughts.

Keep us updated as to how your sale comes along.

Comment

Not all fast sale companies are bad there are some good ethical companies who will look at different options to buy your house check a few out and see what they offer you. You do have something to lose, so ensure you do thorough checks on any buyer you decide to choose.

Comment

We have basically found of late with our investors, that in the current climate, the gap between what is considered the current market value in some areas, and what investors are prepared to pay is considerably smaller than it has been.

With Estate Agents suggesting that Home Owners lower the price of their property quite considerably to sell, when the market is slow, there is often little difference in the offers from investors against the price at which the property is being marketed.

When taken in the context of the complications with a traditional sale, I would say that it is definately worth getting some investment offers...

After all, you can always say no...
              RealtyBase - Investment Property Portal
              FREE Property Listings for Estate Agents / Property Developers and Private Sellers
              http://realtybase.co.uk

Comment

Hello
                You don't want to be a pessimist in the field of home sale. Their are companies in the online market for fast home sale which pays you the worth price for your property. Feel free to have a link with them.
                From my personal experience I would like to recommend you the best cash home buyers in the market which could help you in a quick home sale with a stress and hassle free service. Its Saleswift from London which helped me with a quick home sale. Sounds to be worth if you sell your property to fast sale property companies. Good luck..
                Last edited by janesavvy; 04-07-2013, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Companies aren’t that bad as you are thinking, it's just that it's not that really easy to get your house sold fast unless understand some point in the situation of the buyers.

Locate pre-foreclosures in your area. You can use an online database, search courthouse listings and legal ads or use an experienced real-estate agent as a buyer's agent. First, try to determine how much is owed on the house in relation to its approximate value. If it seems high, it's a good candidate because it indicates the seller might have trouble selling it for enough to satisfy the loan. Pass on those in which the owner has a lot of equity in the home — the lender likely will prefer to foreclose and resell closer to the market price.

Comment

Hi there

I am interested in accessing online databases quoted in your post. I did a search but could not find any relevant ones. Please recommend the websites you use.

Thanks

Comment

Quick house buyers exist for a reason. Sure they do buy you house at a discounted price but sometimes a cash offer can be worth it. Get a quote first and see how things go from there. Like stated before you can always say no.

Comment

I think all the fast sale companies are not bad may be some companies can be but although there are some good companies are there which have a better scope.

Comment

Working...
                        X