Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Part Exchange with noisy neighbours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part Exchange with noisy neighbours

Hi all, we have finally decided to move after suffering with noise for years. We made a complaint to the council about their parties and motorbike revving around about October 2011. The logging went on for three months during which time they quietened down and the investigation was closed. From what I have read we will have to declare this on the SPIF form and my question is that since we are selling our house to Taylor Wimpey and not directly to another resident will the SPIF have more or less of an impact on our chances of moving?

We have agreed a price for our house (more than it was valued at because we had a figure we wouldn't budge on and we are putting down a significant sum separate to the mortgage) if the company don't like the SPIF then can they go back on this price? They are obviously desperate to sell the house we're moving to because they have already knocked money off the price, offered us more for our house and offered a longer mortgage after we turned the first offer down. All of these things tell me a closed complaint won't have too much of an impact but we are so desperate to get away and I'd hate for that to ruin it. Any comments about selling to building companies please?
Working...
X