Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When to move.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to move.

I would appreciate some advice on when to move.

After years of living next to a playing field we now enjoy being twenty yards from a building site of 250 houses. We have taken the decision to move and are in the fortunate position of being able to sell our house first and find a house afterwards.

We have been told that the development may increase our property price. Is this likely? Our four bed detached house pre development was worth about £500,000 and the houses on the development have three bed semis/terrace starting at £550,000.

Nearest to us are blocks of stared ownership homes which will be occupied June 2013. The development is not due to complete until the end of that year.

We want to leave as soon as possible but dont want to lose out either as a result of the current blight or any potential increase.

I am a complete novice at this so would appreciate any thoughts.

M

Re: When to move.

Wait till the whole construction is over and then look into the market trends. That would be the best time to call as I could think
    Guaranteed Rent Scheme |Estate agents Canary Wharf

Comment

You might benefit from the "halo effect" by waiting until the new houses have been built. You may also get all the people who go to see the show houses passing by yours and seeing the For Sale sign.
      If you wanted to be blatant, you could stick the asking price on the FS sign, just so that people going to the new houses can see yours is better / cheaper.

Comment

I would be surprised if this new development would increase the price of your property. It might work the other way. This is obviously just somebody’s opinion and I would say given the current market take the money and move on.

Comment

Working...
        X