Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help needed with Freehold issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with Freehold issue?

Can anyone advise me in relation to the following:
    I live in an apartment which is one of 12 in a block converted by a local construction company in 2004.
    The block is freehold and is managed by a property management company, whom I understand take a payment each year for the freehold and pass this on to the freehold owners?
    I received a letter last year inviting me to purchase the freehold, but a minimum number of residents would have to purchase the freehold collectively. I believe no one followed up the offer in the block.
    The problem I now face is I have been told by another resident that the initial construction company who held the freehold have now gone bust. I was planning to put my property on the market in the next week or so but the other resident who's also got her property up for sale advises that prospective buyers when doing searches cannot get a mortgage because the lenders are stating that they will not lend on properties with freehold problems.
    I have been told that the matter is on the hands of a local solicitors office but they are not actively doing anything to resolve the issue.
    Can anyone advise if they gave encountered similar problems and any suggestions for moving forward? Do I have any rights etc in forcing the solicitors into action or can the property management company be compelled into doubt anything?
    Thank you
    Simon A.

Re: Help needed with Freehold issue?

whats the name of the original construction company as there are certain checks to see if what she is saying is true.

Comment

Working...
    X