Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A good news story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good news story

As we were unable to sell our country property conventionally due to the downturn in the housing market, we decided to investigate the firms which offer cash for your property. Most of them one would be daft to touch with a bargepole, but we did find one company who seem to be a cut above the rest, House Buyer Bureau. They do what they claim on the tin, so to speak. Obviously they are in the game to make money and they kept 25% of the property value, but when they sell it on they will give us 60% of what it makes over a certain sum of money. All the valuations, surveyor's and solicitors fees were borne by them, not us. In addition, after completion we have been given four weeks to stay in the property in order to pack up our belongings at no cost to us. We just continue with our buildings insurance and utilities until we move out on June 1st. The staff at HBB are more than pleasant and appeared to genuinely care about us.

Selling your property this way would certainly not be for everyone, we had no mortgage and could afford to lose 25% of the value. I recommend HBB to anyone thinking of selling their property to a quick sale house buying firm.

Re: A good news story

Originally posted by qetta View Post
    The staff at HBB are more than pleasant and appeared to genuinely care about us.
    So would I if I were getting a quarter of people's property values off them.

Comment

I'm glad it worked out for you, Qetta. I realise that Brian has a point and that a quick cash option wouldn't be the best option for everyone by any means, but sometimes, being able to get on with your life is more important than money. Good luck with your move.

Comment

Quite true, actually, and I've done it myself in the past.

I guess I get a little jaded towards the industry when so many opportunists not only jump on the recent bandwagon, but also spam the homemove forums.

Glad it therefore worked out, qetta.

Comment

Whilst one would prefer not to have to sell a property for less than its market value, we are in the fortunate position of being able to afford to do so. I certainly wouldn't advise anyone who has a mortgage, or strapped for cash, to do what we did.

Comment

Working...
          X