Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling: What to do with the spare room?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling: What to do with the spare room?

Hello all,

We're hoping to sell our tiny 2 bedroom flat to get a bit more space. We’re not sure what to do with the very small second bedroom. It’s only 170cm (5.5 ft) x 255cm (8.4 ft). We’ve heard it’s better for such a room to have just one function (bedroom only or office only) when trying to sell.

My problem is I work from home and need a powerful PC for my work (my laptop cant run the analysis software I need) so it’d be tricky to get rid of PC altogether.

The room would just be big enough for a PC desk, a single bed, and a (very) narrow wardrobe. Would having both a PC and a bed in such a small room put off potential buyers?

Thanks in advance,
    P

Re: Selling: What to do with the spare room?

Personally I'd suggest one or the other - if you are able to.

If you are not using the room as a bedroom, then don't put a bed in it - any potential-buyers who consider the room as good as a bedroom can visualise it themselves.

The worst thing you can do is simply cramp up the space in a room, so it looks unpractical for any owner.

Comment

Re: Selling: What to do with the spare room?

cheers brian!

Comment

Working...
      X