Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling my Property advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling my Property advice

Hi, would love some advice please. I am currently in the process of selling my property for which I have lived in for 14 years. When I purchased the property 14 years ago, I had a low bearing wall removed to make way for an open plan dining room and lounge. We have not got the Satisfaction Certificate for the work done as it has been misplaced. I have been requsted to supply this by the buyer and have contacted my local council for a replacement but their database does not go back far enough to check and I have had to pay for a Letter of comfort. I have provided this letter to the buyers but are now asking for the building certificates for the removal of the chimney breasts and the extension done, which was already carried out before WE purchased the property. They are claiming that it is my responsibility to provide this. Is it not down to them to pay for a structural engineer to check thoroughly that the extensions and chimney work was carried out and completed correctly?? Please advise.

Re: Selling my Property advice

You had replaced your wall, now it's a very long time. You should contact property law expert lawyer who can give a you a right suggestion.

Comment

I couldn’t find a better option to property law expert. He would certainly give you right advic.
      Or you even discuss this thing with your estate agent
      Guaranteed Rent Scheme |Estate agents Canary Wharf

Comment

It may not be the buyer per. se. who wants this, but the box-ticker at the mortgage company who won't approve a loan unless all the paperwork is in order.

Comment

Any information with regards extension work prior to you buying should've been passed to you or the solicitor you used for the purchase, have you tried them? as far as i'm aware it asks for any work that has been carried out by you, the seller not previous owners.

Comment

Tell them you don’t have them and they should check their searches with the Council. They sound as if they are messing you around. Tell them if they are not satisfied then they can instruct a structural engineer which is their responsibility not yours.

Hope this helps :-)

Comment

Maybe another solution find another buyer where you won't have so much headaches with. Find a cash buyer!

At the end of the day its not your fault that they are the ones who have to get a mortgage in place and unfortunately can not buy with cash.

Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
              X