Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no building regs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• barb 56
    replied
    Re: no building regs

Thats what i thought myself Richard but have had no reply as yet, will be interesting to find out what they say about it .
    Thanks for confirming what i had thought myself Barbara

Leave a comment:

• Richard Webster
    replied

we have exchanged contracts and complete on the 20th of this month
    Really as the buyers have exchanged it is too late and it is all academic - up to them to have raised the issue before they exchanged.

Leave a comment:

• barb 56
    replied

your probably right there ,its not cheap buying or selling,will keep you posted on how things work out.

Leave a comment:

• www.market2buy.com
    replied

I had a similar situation on a house I sold, I merely told the purchaser that I'd pay for the insurance, couple of hundred pounds I recall, and gave them an ultimatum. Buy or don't.

Bearing in mind they have also spent a not insignficant sum up to this point, they are unlikely to want to pull out of the sale I'd say. Best of luck and wise to get good advice.

Leave a comment:

• barb 56
    replied

we only found out today and have imformed solicitor who will now let buyers solicitor know tomorrow so have no idea whats going to happen

Leave a comment:

• www.market2buy.com
    replied

I believe your purchaser can get insurance in case the council enforce, however my understanding is that after 4 years Building Regulations won't ask you to remove it. You can check with the local authority in that regard or ask your solicitor.

Have your purchasers raised the matter, if not then there may not be a problem. You could merely be honest and tell them, see what happens. You should DYOR, your surveyor may be able to advise as well.

Leave a comment:

• barb 56
    started a topic no building regs

no building regs

hi all
    we have just found out that our 12 year old single story extention was never given a completion certificate and the builder no longer trades as he moved abroad, we have exchanged contracts and complete on the 20th of this month all inspections were done other than this,all its about is the floor and because we were not living in the house when this was done we have no idea how it was done and what i have been told from our council is that part of the floor would have to be opened up to find out,planning approval was granted and as i say all inspections were passed with no problems and the buyer has had a full structial survey done on the property , any ideas on what could happen here .
    thanks
Working...
X