Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I wait

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Should I wait

    I want to move, but there is a large building area immediately behind my house that the developers are waiting on planning permission to build 18 new houses.
    My question is should I put my house up for sale now or should I wait for the development to be built (which could take several years).
    Also I did put in an objection a few years ago about the development - would this have to be declared ?

  • #2
    Re: Should I wait

    Very trick question, this is purely your call. Suffice to say though that Caveat Emptor (buyer beware) usually applies and as such you are assuming your purchaser will be clever enough to notice the development plans or indeed that it would influence their decision. It could be worse to wait and then find you want/have to sell once the works have started?

    Is there any compensation payable by the developer, i.e. in respect of noise/disturbance/blight caused by the development?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Should I wait

      Thanks for reply. There is no compensation from developers - residents had chance to object which most of us did, but they were still granted 'underlying planning permission'.
      Would this all show up in a search ?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Should I wait

        The proposed development would not necessarily show up on a local search as they only reveal planning decisions on the property being searched, not nearby ones.

        When you sell, if you had letters from the Council about the development or otherwise you must have known about it (e.g. notices posted on lamp-posts nearby) you would have to reveal that fact and the fact that you objected.
        RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
        As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Should I wait

          I think if you wait the buyers will be clever enough to wait for the developments to finish and buy the new homes rather than using the old one. Its over you, what you feel is right, but in my opinion, you should not wait.

          Comment

          Working...
          X