Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

advice re selling to cash buyers please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice re selling to cash buyers please

Hi - wonder if anyone could offer me some advice please.
    We are thinking about selling our flat to "cash companies/cash buyers".
    We appreciate that we will lose a "large" amount.
    Has anyone used any companies and got any recommendations for me.
    Our flat is 2 bedroom, 2 bathrooms ground floor flat. It was valued by a RICS Home Report last year at £85,000.
    We need to sell it for at least £62000 ,
    there is very much a big difference between companies, whereby being "provisionally" offered anywhere between £55k and £62k. I am slightly nervous about going with the higher end. should I be?
    is £23k difference enough for cash buyers /companies or do you think I am wasting my time.
    thanks for any answers. AA

Re: advice re selling to cash buyers please

I am considering this too, and would be interested to know if any company is considered reputable?

Comment

Originally posted by aikybeats View Post
      Hi - wonder if anyone could offer me some advice please.
      We are thinking about selling our flat to "cash companies/cash buyers".
      We appreciate that we will lose a "large" amount.
      Has anyone used any companies and got any recommendations for me.
      Our flat is 2 bedroom, 2 bathrooms ground floor flat. It was valued by a RICS Home Report last year at £85,000.
      We need to sell it for at least £62000 ,
      there is very much a big difference between companies, whereby being "provisionally" offered anywhere between £55k and £62k. I am slightly nervous about going with the higher end. should I be?
      is £23k difference enough for cash buyers /companies or do you think I am wasting my time.
      thanks for any answers. AA
      There are loads of companies out there and I think a lot of them will want it dirt cheap. It used to be that these companies would offer 20-25% below value but now if they think they can get away with it they will go a lot less.
      However, as you are in Scotland (Home Report the give away) you could try McEwan Fraser. They are now a really big company and although they started doing cash buys they are now doing mainstream sales and have expanded a lot. Based in Edinburgh but think they deal further afield.

Comment

Any "cash sale" company will offer you a maximum of 70%-75% of the market value of your house (not the asking price)

Where is your property located aikybeats ?
        Adam Long

www.quickhomeseller.co.uk

Comment

Hi did you manage to sell your property? You do not have to give away such a large discount if you can afford to wait 4-6 weeks or longer. Happy to talk if you need assistance. I'm based in Scotland but cover UK.
          Stewart Property Buyers

www.stewartpropertybuyers.co.uk

Comment

It might be hard to compare Cash Buyers especially looking just their offer.

Cash Buyers all have different needs in their business so some need at least 25% discount and others have a larger team of less picky investors behind them and could do with less discount.

So the more discount does not mean the better the buyer. You could imply that with more discount they are also more motivated to move quicker, the thing with less discount is they quite often they become the middle man and this might take 1-2 days extra in the process.

Just ask your cash buyers how they really want to buy, cash vs. agreed mortgage, and if they simply can explain their discount. And see who give you the best win-win scenario.

Now you might even deal with a more creative cash buyer that can offer multiple options so you can pick what suits you best.

Hope that helps,

Jack
            Jack

http://www.creativeCASHbuyers.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
            X