Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to show an unrealistic sale price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to show an unrealistic sale price

I posted the same basic question elsewhere - but here goes:
    Is there any way to show that you've sold a property for a lot more than it's actual value? I'm aware of someone who has apparently sold a property for about 30% or more than it's real value, in a remarkably short time. This sale has been confirmed by Land Registry. However, it seems highly unlikely that the property was legitimately sold for this amount. The person in question needed to show that the property had sold for a large amount, due to Court Proceedings - it was neccessary for him to show a large capital profit, which implied that he had signigicant capital funds.
    So, is there any way to skew the system in this way?
    Sadly, there is a child in the middle of this mess, and I'm hoping to find some answers for the sake of that child.
    Thanks, Douggie

Re: How to show an unrealistic sale price

Basically no. The Land registry will show what was paid for it not whether it was worth it. You could say that a few years ago most properties were sold for prices that were much higher than their "value".
    I saw your other post but where is your proof that the property was only worth 250K but got 340K ? Is it fact or opinion ? Surely whoever bought it got a mortgage so had to have it valued. However, if it was a friend or family member who bought it at an inflated price to help a cash situation then you still can't prove the value was less.

Comment

Working...
    X