Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling Property For Cash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling Property For Cash

If you desire for a fast house sale for cash, then selling your house through estate agents is not the finest way for you. An easiest and simplest way to sell your house fast is to use property investors who concentrate in fast house sales.

Re: Selling Property For Cash

And usually offer you about 75% -80% of the market value of your home. Which, in most cases barely covers the mortgage.
    Anthony
    Compare the Mortgage Market
    http://www.comparethemortgagemarket.com

Comment

Originally posted by ComareTheMortgageMarket View Post
      And usually offer you about 75% -80% of the market value of your home. Which, in most cases barely covers the mortgage.
      Exactly, or it is a con job!

Comment

A bit like webuyanycar for houses!
        You wont get what it is really worth.
        BRAND NEW HOMES
        Information for UK new home buyers
        New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

As a Cash buyer I can say that I totally agree you will not get 100% of the open market value that you get when selling through an estate agent. But then that process will take you at least 3 months.

The thing about selling FAST or QUICK means you got cash for your house within 7-28 days That is often faster then putting it up for auction.

So the people who sell their house fast for cash are no longer after getting the best price some day but they do it to get a guaranteed sale now, without much fuss.

Jack
          Jack

http://www.creativeCASHbuyers.co.uk/

Comment

I must admit I am tempted by a cash offer as our house is far too large for us and we just want a much smaller place. We have no mortgage to think about either. However whether our kids, who have POA, will allow us to do so is another matter!

Comment

There are ways in which you can sell quick and get close to the asking price, I have bought houses where I give 70% of the value on day one and the remainder of the agreed value later down the track.

This works well for those who are downsizing or who can be a little flexible about when they can receive the total funds
              Adam Long

www.quickhomeseller.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Long View Post
                There are ways in which you can sell quick and get close to the asking price, I have bought houses where I give 70% of the value on day one and the remainder of the agreed value later down the track.

This works well for those who are downsizing or who can be a little flexible about when they can receive the total funds
                Is quickhomeseller your own firm? If so you might like to contact me and just maybe we might be able to talk business!

Comment

Some firms can offer 100% value but they will delay all/some of the payment in some way, another idea is below:

What can happen is they rent the property from the owner and then buy the property after some time at 100%. Also some offer agreements where they will on-top of the 100% offer perhaps 30% of any rises in the value of the property by the time they buy, so you can get a few more grand).

It really depends if you need the cash and where you are moving into.

So one way could be to do this, use the rental income to 'rent for free' in a smaller house (and have left overs) and after a set time your property would sell at 100%(+30% of market appreciation) and you could then decide what to do from there...

(I have a bias as I do just that and 'delay' buy after some time but reward the owner with a share of profits... just for transparency >.<)

As Adam suggested, you can get 100% so if you don't need the money yet, don't accept less! (People like Adam and my self that will do what we can to get you that fair market value, if not all right away...)

Regards,
                  Randeep
                  Last edited by Randeep; 27-01-2012, 07:30 PM.
                  Randeep Mann

Want to Rent or Sell quickly? I can help.
                  Facebook Email

Comment

Originally posted by qetta View Post
                    Is quickhomeseller your own firm? If so you might like to contact me and just maybe we might be able to talk business!
                    Have you tried selling through an estate agents? It will take longer to sell, but cash for property companies typically will only give you 70-80% of your property's value.

So a £200k property would be bought for £140k-£160k - meaning an instant loss of £40k-£60k.

Comment

I am aware of how much I will lose if I take a cash offer. Of course our home is on the market too!

Comment

Selling a property this way is a complete nonsense. The buyers are the human form of a Great White shark.

They can smell the blood, (your desperation to sell at any cost).

It's the quickest way to loose big money on your most important assett.

If you must sell quick then auction is the safest route.

James.

Comment

Since when are auctions safe ? You have no guarantee that the house will be sold and little control over the price it goes for other than setting a reserve.

Although I would agree that a cash sale is not the first recourse for anyone, for some people it does fulfill their needs
                          Adam Long

www.quickhomeseller.co.uk

Comment

For me, "opportunity cost" comes into the picture. Which is why I might consider using one of the quick-buy companies when selling my own property this summer. I already have somewhere else to move into, and the cash release from the sale of my place will be used for active investments in which I normally achieve double-digit percentage gains per year. Banking the house sale proceeds quickly means gaining an extra few months which would be lost if hanging around for conventional estate agents to handle the sale.
                            Last edited by Breconeer; 26-04-2012, 09:34 AM.
                            Please don't mess up my planet; it's the only one I've got.

Comment

Cash sales are a flexible alternative for people who cant afford to wait, I personally think its all on a case by case basis, for some it will be the perfect solution and for others maybe not.

If your in a rush to sell your house then its worth while at least finding out how much you could get for it, the rest is up to you.
                              Quick House Sale - Fast, easy and stress free

Comment

Working...
                              X