Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble selling property due to neighbours land

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble selling property due to neighbours land

Hi All,

I have a bit of an issue regarding selling my ground floor flat and have no idea how to tackle it. I don't live there and it has been on the market for some considerable time, the flat is empty. The flat is in a block of four, i.e. 2 ground 2 upstairs. I'm in the unusual position where the flat upstairs to me owns the property at the back, whilst my property own the front. The problem is that upstairs has one of those huge trampolines in the back garden pushed right up against my bedroom window. This unsurprisingly is putting people off purchasing, it has been the overwhelming theme in feedback.

I get on well with upstairs the problem is I have been unable to contact them to discuss them doing me a favour and moving it. They literally are impossible to contact, I have no telephone number, I've knocked on the door countless tiems but theyve always had trouble hearing anyone at the door, and I have now left 2 notes requesting very politely that they contact me, and requsting my wishes.

So I'm very frustrated and now considering legally where I stand regarding selling my property. I'm sure if it came to it and it were possible they would listen to a very formal legal letter asking them to move the trampoline. trouble is I have no idea where I stand, if I can go down the legal route or if I have a leg to stand on there.

Besides that has anyone had any experience like this or have any tips?

They are a nice couple and I know that if I speak to them they will be ok about it, but after 2 letters I would have expected them to be in touch so having second thoguhts on that one.

Help please!!! :-)

Thanks

Paul
Working...
X