Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyway to stop Estate Agents contacting me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyway to stop Estate Agents contacting me?

Hi all,

Since I put my house on the market a while back I have been subjected to a flood of letters and phone calls from people that are interested in 'helping me sell my house' I don't believe that these people can offer much in addition to what my current agent offers (as unhappy as I am with their performance, the market has just been slow for FTB) and am growing weary of telling people that I'm not interested.

Is there a way that I can stop all additional contact from Estate Agents? Or will they just continue to harass me until I sell my house - I find it hard to believe that they will have buyers that no one else has, in these days of the internet I don't believe that anyone would exclusively subscribe to one agent.

Any suggestions?

Re: Anyway to stop Estate Agents contacting me?

You need to call or write and specifically ask to be removed from their database, and be explicit in the fact that you do not want to hear from them. Unfortunately estate agents have very little respect for privacy!
    Large mortgages and High Net Worth Mortgages from enness private clients

Comment

The other agents always try and poach stock so it will be very difficult to stop the additional letters coming through. They will also always have 'people ready to buy your house' which sounds absolutely ridiculous because people are not in the mindset that they will only buy from one particular agent. I used to find it highly amusing when clients sent in letters from other agents showing this.
      Anthony
      Compare the Mortgage Market
      http://www.comparethemortgagemarket.com

Comment

If you are currently u happy with the current agency either consider terminating the contract or utilise another or even two other agencies.

I am also trying to educated people to sell privately... The Market and business in general is now a 24/7 and 90% of all enquires are web based.

I can guarantee in ten years time there will hardly be any high street estate agents.

Antony

Comment

Working...
        X