Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legal advice/views

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal advice/views

Have just put my house on the market. My first viewer was the mother of my next door neighbour. The neighbour saw the estate agents taking pics and told his mum. Instead of contacting me directly the mum made an appointment to see the property via the estate agents. My guess is that legally if she buys the house we will have to pay the estate agent fees. However, if she didnt tell the estate agent that she was the mum of my neighbour and we sell it to her without involving the estate agents can we avoid their fees by just saying the buyer is the mum of our neighbour and found out from us.

Re: Legal advice/views

That would be difficult to do when the estate agents formally introduced Neighbour's Mum to you as a viewer and when they will have a complete record of her details. Even when you cancel your agreement with an estate agent, they always reserve the right to charge a commission if a sale subsequently results from a potential buyer introduced to you by them. I wouldn't advise that you try - sorry.

Comment

Re: Legal advice/views

Originally posted by cloud451 View Post
      Have just put my house on the market. My first viewer was the mother of my next door neighbour. The neighbour saw the estate agents taking pics and told his mum. Instead of contacting me directly the mum made an appointment to see the property via the estate agents. My guess is that legally if she buys the house we will have to pay the estate agent fees. However, if she didnt tell the estate agent that she was the mum of my neighbour and we sell it to her without involving the estate agents can we avoid their fees by just saying the buyer is the mum of our neighbour and found out from us.
      Stop trying to get out of fees - you've a chance to sell your house because of the estate agent, so don't be ungrateful that they're doing their job to get your house sold!!

Comment

Working...
      X