Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to save 50% on your stamp duty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to save 50% on your stamp duty

This is not a scam, this is 100% genuine. My close friend (a very successful property lawyer) has found a loop hole where sellers are able to save up to 50% of stamp duty. If your interested please PM me your name and phone number, as subject please put STAMP DUTY -

I will get back to you ASAP with more details and hopefully save you thousands!

Re: How to save 50% on your stamp duty

Sellers don't pay stamp duty, buyers do.

So saving 50% of zero doesn't amount to much.

www.thomasdobner.co.uk

Comment

Sellers generally tend to buy another property once theirs is sold

Comment

"Sellers generally tend to buy another property once theirs is sold"....

....which makes the seller a buyer, exactly as IFA pointed out. The whole business of assessing and collecting stamp tax was thoroughly overhauled in 2003, precisely because buyers were being creative with purchase prices to evade or reduce their liability for stamp tax. HMRC requires considerably more detailed information these days to assure itself that the correct level of stamp duty is being paid. Two points to consider:

1. I certainly wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of HMRC. I like a quiet conscience and a good night's sleep.
        2. If something sounds too good to be true - well, you know the rest of the saying.

Comment

I understand what you saying but this isn't scamming the HMRC its just pointing out an error of theirs and taking advantage of it.. exactly like what they would do to you! This service is 100% legitimate and legal, if anyone is interest in saving ALOT of money, please contact.

Comment

Why not just share it?

If you're willing to tell us on the phone why not post the info here and get it over with?

You only need to tell one person who posts the details on Facebook, Twitter or the like and the whole world will know within minutes anyway so the secret will soon be out (if it genuinely exists that is).

www.thomasdobner.co.uk

Comment

Because I'm selling my services. I will get you the 50% off for a small fee on completion! If you want to save.. then send me your contact details.. if not.. then dont!

Comment

There are, of course, three threads running now along these lines and it is interesting to note that, according to Toby Marks, his "loophole" is not the same as the other chap's "loophole". You have to give him full marks for persistence though.

Ask yourself this. Would you hand over your contact details to anyone who starts off by saying "This is not a scam"? Well, would you???

Comment

Details!?!? Im asking for a phone number! I will explain the loop hole to you and if you dont agree, you can hang up!

Comment

New Stamp Duty saving soon to be passed for multiple purchases of residential property. Click on the link to find out how to save on stamp duty - free to anyone
                    BRAND NEW HOMES
                    Information for UK new home buyers
                    New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Hi Toby,

I'm with Jeannie D on this one I'm afraid.

Just my opinion, but the problem is that your "advertisement" is written in such a way that it instantly arouses suspicion and is no better presented than your average bogus "Get rich quick scheme" promotion.

Personally I wouldn't get involved in any such scheme which requires me to pay for services that enabled me to "cheat the system", but if you genuinely have a real and honest service to sell then I would suggest a different approach to your marketing as these forum posts don't help to promote you as a credible entrepreneur.

Even if you do have a genuine loophole I would advise caution to any property buyers who may wish to contact you though. Obviously this is just speculation as we don't know the details of your scheme but in my opinion paying for a service that enables avoidance of stamp duty could be a risky business, and I would imagine that any risk involved will lay on the shoulders of the buyer rather than yourself, the service provider.

I appreciate that nobody likes paying tax and of all the taxation methods stamp duty seems to be particularly disliked (and I can appreciate the reasons for this animosity towards it) but the fact is that tax avoidance in the current economic climate, with the country being in serious difficulties with budget deficits and excessive government borrowing, is not helpful for any of us.

Best of luck with your venture, I hope you will be giving back some of the lost stamp duty revenue by paying income tax on your profits.

www.thomasdobner.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X