Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to advertise my house PRIVATELY ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to advertise my house PRIVATELY ??

Hi all.

I want to sell my house but not through estate agents. Where are the best places to advertise my house online ?

Re: Where to advertise my house PRIVATELY ??

There are plenty to choose from online but we have used a local guy that does it for £100.00 to advertise on all the major property portals.

If you don't have any joy with the online agencies then I can forward his number for you.

Comment

You could always post it for free on the web.

Admin dont allow me to give you an exact link to the site but you dont have to look far!
      BRAND NEW HOMES
      Information for UK new home buyers
      New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Facebook to seel a home? What next EBAY!
        BRAND NEW HOMES
        Information for UK new home buyers
        New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

What about Gumtree? I reckon that could work?

Comment

The problem with advertising for free is generally the house will take longer to sell and you have so support when negotiating with a potential buyer... Unless you are skilled with Social networking/marketing...

But googling 'Advertise a house for free' will give you plenty of options and I do like the Facebook idea if done correctly.
            Randeep Mann

Want to Rent or Sell quickly? I can help.
            Facebook Email

Comment

Definitely Gumtree, there are lots of great properties on the site, plus totally free. You can choose to advertise to all of UK if you choose. But yes, as mentioned already, you may want to get someone to negotiate on your behalf.

Good luck.
              Stewart Property Buyers

www.stewartpropertybuyers.co.uk

Comment

There are plenty of classified sites, eg Gumtree like the guys above have said, but apparently there are actually a few online estate agents that are pretty cheap compared to the the usual methods. I think my sister listed her flat with a site based in Essex last year and ended up paying around 300 quid. I could find out if you're interested?

Comment

Hi, has anyone sold flat or house privately with a successful trustworthy website?

Comment

We used House Ladder for the last property but still had to pay the estate agent. We had signed a sole agent agreement but of course the agent was happy for us to post it on free sites to boost interest. I think it is safer to use an agent and then put your back behind it as well. Any enquiries then pass off to your agent to do all the hard work. We will do the same now with our 4 bed 4 ensuite B & B with Adjacent shop in the grounds, outbuildings/ workshops, parking for numerous cars, car port, patio and veg garden. Just like that ....

Comment

hi could you please forward me that number as im having no luck online. thanks

Comment

i know of a new sky 1 show that will help sell your house. message me for details

Comment

Go for online advertising or can give ads in newspapers
                          Guaranteed Rent Scheme |Estate agents Canary Wharf

Comment

I own 20 buy to let properties and always use 2 web sites to advertise:

1. Visum - visum.co.uk
                            Platinum Package - £53.95 (including VAT)
                            You get all the sites the Gold service plus Zoopla as well. Zoopla is the new rising star of property sites and gets a lot of hits. It's well worth the small price of the upgrade to advertise on it.

Gold Package - £49 (including VAT)
                            In addition to the Rightmove advertising from the Silver service, the Gold service additionally advertises your rental property on Primelocation, Findproperty Globrix and any other Digital Property group sub sites.

2. Gumtree

It’s vital that you use good quality pictures and are realistic on price - give it 2/3 months and if you are struggling to gain an interest then I suggest you drop the price.

Also - I would not rule out a good local estate agent - Halifax are a good one. That way if you get someone off the internet you've saved on fees but if the agent gets someone first then you have saved time which may work out cheaper.

Please let me know if you need any more help or advice.

Comment

Working...
                            X