Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No viewings???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No viewings???

I was wondering if if someone could tell me if I am being stupidly impatient and hard work or if my EA is being completely useless.

We have been on the market for over 3 weeks. We went with the price that 4 agents suggested and everyone was sure it would be an appealing house (garden and parking is not common in my area for our price). We have what I think is a nice house (pics look great) so when after the first week we had no interest and no contact from our agent I was shocked. 2 weeks in I got impatients but now over 3 weeks in I am annoyed. We have had zero interest but our EA is not giving us ANY feedback at all and the only contact we have had with him was me chasing for info. He keeps saying we have had good interest but none of the interst is turning into viewings.

Add this to the fact I have asked to see 2 of their properties and as yet nothing has come of it. The first property I wanted to see he basically told me the house was located near a main road and noisy (so put me off it before I saw it) and the second property I verbally asked him to arrange aviewing and as yet nothing has come from that (5 days ago).

I am starting to feel like they are useless and if they are not chasing me to see properties I have ASKED to see then they would not be chasing people showing an interest in ours. I am getting more and more angry about it.

I guess the question is am I being harsh? Maybe 3 weeks with no viewings is normal? It's just not what I expected at all

Any thoughts appreciated.

Re: No viewings???

Hi Lea8198

I am in a very similar situation, I've had my house on the market for about 3 weeks as well now with only 2 veiwings so far, (well one viewing and one cancellation). EA assured my house was desirable in looks, style and location yet still very little interest.

Its not overly priced and within EA's recomendation. I guess in this current climate, 3 weeks is still considered early days.

One trick might to be to ring them up anonymously as a potential buyer. Give a discription of the house you are looking for (matching your house of course) and see if they mention your house. That is one way to see if they are actively pushing your sale.

Just a thought.

Kevin

Comment

Thats a good idea kevin, pretend to be a buyer but what if they arrange a viewing?

Make sure your home is in tip top condition before viewings.
      BRAND NEW HOMES
      Information for UK new home buyers
      New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

The viewing is irrelevant, you are only testing them to see if they are actively pushing the sale of your house. If they are, great!...if not, then questions need to be asked.

You can either hang up or polietly say you will go away and think about it and get back to them.

Remember you are paying them a heafty sum to sell your house so you have to make sure they are working for their money.

Comment

IT's all to familiar, in these times the estate agent should be doing more to get both viewers and sales.
          no viewings generally mean two things
          1/ there is no intrest in your area
          2/ the agent just isnt doing enough to get them to you
          speak to your agent tell him your concerns and also ask him exactly what it is that they are doing in marketing your property, is your property in the local papers as some dont even bother anymore, is it in all the major property sites ie. right move etc, how are they targeting buyers, i used to get phone calls every otherday telling me that they have a sutable property, are your details in the shop window.
          dont be fooled by the estate agents chat they are good at this try and see through it
          but most of all dont be shy if your not happy say so and say it often, if after 4 weeks of going to market you have not had any interest, well this would be a good time to hassel them again and this time tell them that unless you have some improvemet you are droping them, never feel that you are oblidged to stay with them move on.
          www.tradesmanschoice.co.uk

Comment

Hi lea

Just reading your post again, you really do sound pissed, excuse the french!

Blow them out, Its as simple as that, There must be some even the slightest degree of respect between you and the agent and your agent sounds like a t**t.
            He sound lazy & ignorant and rude, they should never ignore you you are paying them "but they keep forgetting the golden rule of work, you have to work to get money"
            To be honest and i have not met him but i dont like him, and i feel for you.
            I wish you the best of luck and hope you make the right decission.

Comment

Originally posted by Trades MASTER View Post
              Hi lea

Just reading your post again, you really do sound pissed, excuse the french!

Blow them out, Its as simple as that, There must be some even the slightest degree of respect between you and the agent and your agent sounds like a t**t.
              He sound lazy & ignorant and rude, they should never ignore you you are paying them "but they keep forgetting the golden rule of work, you have to work to get money"
              To be honest and i have not met him but i dont like him, and i feel for you.
              I wish you the best of luck and hope you make the right decission.
              I think you are being a little unfair. I reread the post and have no idea if the agent is rude or lazy. Remember we are only getting one side of the story. I can give you some examples of the 'other side'
              I took a property on and agreed at the outset that I would call with feedback every Wednesday. Invariably she would phone me on a Tuesday or at 8.50am on a Wednesday. After a few weeks she complained that she always had to chase me !
              I had another buyer who made specific requirements and one was it should not be near a main road as she had cats so naturally I told her that when I called about a new property. We have no idea if the OP stated any preferences. I also have sellers who have made it clear they do not want a viewer unless they have sold.
              So yes the agent may be all you said but we have no way of knowing that. Equally the OP may be suffering from 'my house is perfect and will sell no problem' syndrome.

Comment

Typical estate agent excuses?

Keep to sole agency on a month contract at 1.5% commission. tell them take it or leave it. After a month if they havent delivered you can move to another agency.

That will give the matter a bit of urgency!
                BRAND NEW HOMES

Comment

Thats a typical defensive move by an estate agent, piant themselves in golden light. you know it to be true afterall would you realy pay for a second rate service??? NO

Lea is clearly annoyed, her agent is offering no feedback, you know its more honest to say "we have had no interest this week" than to say nothing.

The golden to working with people is communication and respect.

Comment

Also just to clarify to not answer, contact or call someone, is just rude.
                    To deny a viewing or deam it to be a waste of time, is ignorant
                    And to not provide any form of feed back good or bad, is rude

Comment

Originally posted by Trades MASTER View Post
                      Also just to clarify to not answer, contact or call someone, is just rude.
                      To deny a viewing or deam it to be a waste of time, is ignorant
                      And to not provide any form of feed back good or bad, is rude
                      I am not denying any of these things just pointing out that we only have one side of the story.

Calls should always be answered and contact made on an agreed basis. If I am denying a viewing because I have been instructed to do so by the vendor then I would do so and explain why. I also think agents should be braver about providing bad feedback.

No-one should expect a second rate service no matter what they pay and if the OP thinks that is what she is getting she should change agents. However, I am not going to brand anyone as incompetent without knowing all the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by New Homes Expert View Post
                        Typical estate agent excuses?

Keep to sole agency on a month contract at 1.5% commission. tell them take it or leave it. After a month if they havent delivered you can move to another agency.

That will give the matter a bit of urgency!
                        If you offered me 5% commission it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference if there isn't a buyer for the property at the price it is on for.

Comment

Originally posted by drhouse View Post
                          If you offered me 5% commission it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference if there isn't a buyer for the property at the price it is on for.
                          If you had two properties one at £150k with 2% commission and one at £150k with 5% commission, I know which one you would try your hardest to sell.

Money talks especially when it is a greedy commission hungry estate agent!
                          BRAND NEW HOMES

Comment

Here Here ! commission motivated people are always greedy thats why they use every trick in the book to increase their cut,end of.

Comment

Originally posted by drhouse View Post
                              I am not going to brand anyone as incompetent without knowing all the facts.
                              Lets get get one thing straight, Lea is not at all happy and she is the one who will pay the EA's commission's so she has a right to demand a better service, you seem to be taking this personally, well dont its estate agents in general, People dont like them we dont trust them and they get to much for doing little in the grand scheme of selling property estate agents are charging more and more, compared with solicitors who do the most work by the way.there is a stigma surrounding EA's they are not all bad but they are not all good, Just as there is a stigma surrounding tradesmen they are not all cowboys, most are true professionals, so dont get upset its not a personal attack.

Comment

Working...
                              X