Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going guarantor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going guarantor

My daughter has just asked me to go guarantor for her on a flat that she wants to rent via one of the large better known estate agents/managers.

Without hesitation, I immediately said yes, of course, completely and genuinely forgetting that I have a year to sixteen month old CCJ (it totally escaped my mind as it's never an issue or comes up in conversation).

I haven’t been sent the papers yet or had any contact with the agent but I am just wondering what will happen now.

Will the agent automatically check for CCJs as a matter of course? I don’t want to embarrass my poor daughter by being rejected as she has no idea of the CCJ.

Apart from that unfortunate CCJ my credit is fine and I do had funds.

Can anyone tell me what the procedure is and what I should expect?

Thank you, so much

Sapph

Re: Going guarantor

Yes as a matter of course they will run a credit report on any guarantor and this will come up, it does not necessarily mean that you will not pass the credit check but it certainly will go against you and the landlord may well turn you down as a guarantor
    Adam Long

www.quickhomeseller.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X