Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police called on neighbour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police called on neighbour

I am selling my ground floor maisonette which has a flat above, the daughter of the person that lives there has just had a massive argument with her boyfriend (who doesn't live there), my wife called the police, the argument finished so we called to cancel the police, however they still came out. I am now worried that we have caused a problem for ourselves in selling the house – my question is can this information get to the buyers through searches etc and do we have to inform the potential buyers of this incident?

Re: Police called on neighbour

If no incident was logged by the police then nothing can be found - was there an incident logged ?

In any event I do not believe that individual addresses are given out in crime statistics it would surely break the data protection act as it is personal data. If you look at crime data it is only about a postcode or neighbourhood not individual addresses
    Adam Long

www.quickhomeseller.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for your reply Adam - I'm not sure what has happened to the incident and if it was logged but I think you are right about the data protection, also as there was no compliant logged and the fact that no crime was committed I think we should be okay.

Comment

That situation has no effect in selling your maisonette. It's just an argument and there's no crime happen on it.

Comment

You may be over-worrying about it. Couples argue from time to time, and as long as it doesn't happen all the time, so much in fact that it occurs when you have some viewers round, then I don't think you have much to worry about.

Comment

Working...
          X