Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No freeholder approval for alterations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No freeholder approval for alterations

I am planning on selling my property, but have just found out I need permission from my freeholder for alterations I have made to the flat (including moving a kitchen from the upper to lower floor). The problem is that I don't think that they would give permission, even though I have got Building Regs approval for the work.

Is there any way around having to go to the freeholder (a large company acting on behlf of the Local Authority) and risking having them tell me to reinstate the old layout?

Re: No freeholder approval for alterations

Your solicitor might be able to obtain a leasehold covenants indemnity policy. Indemnity insurers will not always do these so it will depend on all the details e.g. how long ago the work was done, etc.
    RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
    As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

Working...
    X