Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Independent Unbiased Pre Sale Home Inspection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independent Unbiased Pre Sale Home Inspection

Hi
    Did you know that in the USA, Australia, New Zealand and whole lot of other Countries, Property Sellers or Homeowners would not dream of selling their property without first getting an "Independent Pre Sale Home Inspection" This is nothing whatsoever to do with the Property Purchaser's Surveyor's Inspection, not any Government pre sale inspection.

This Homeowner's Pre Sale Home Inspection is to enable the Property Seller to evaluate work that needs doing around his/her property and to sort out any repairs and maintenance on the building before any potential Buyer turns up with his/her Surveyor. After everything has been sorted out (Building repairs etc) and the Homeowner or Property Seller is fully satisfied that everything possible has been done to adequately present his/her property for Sale; the Inspection "Report" is then made into beautifully illustrated colour brochure. The Property Buyer is then presented with this glossy Independent Pre Sale Home Inspection Report brochure, which grants the Homeowner greater leverage as to the price he/she wants to sell the property for.

Over here in the UK, Homeowners seem strangely content to have a potential Buyer's Surveyor stomp all around their property, knowing full well that the Surveyors' Inspection Report is only going to work in the Buyer's favour! Then after probably being knocked down thousands of pounds because of some minor building faults gets ripped off by a quick-sale crazy Estate Agent, who will take anything up to 2% commission on the sale of the property, that equates to about five thousand pounds for a property worth 200k!!!

Wouldn't it be better if Homeowners in Britain considered the "idea" that it would serve their interest to have a "Regulated Professional Builder" undertake an Independent Pre Sale Home Inspection on their property (Not a voluntary HCR Inspection) prior to putting their home on the market? As it is my sincere belief that good experienced Builders are perfectly suited for the job of undertaking such inspections and as has been my experience in the past, the Homeowner then employs that trusted Regulated Builder to undertake the work required.

Danzo

Re: Independent Unbiased Pre Sale Home Inspection

I would like to edit my post above but there is no "edit button" Can anyone help me please???
    You see that, I am able to edit this message, as there was an edit button for this post but none on my post above...WHY?

Danzo
    Last edited by Danzo; 20-09-2010, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X