Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone confirm a legal point

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone confirm a legal point

I read somewhere that if you've signed a contract with an estate agent it doesn't kick in until you've had your first viewing - is this true? Anyone know about this?
    Advice would be helpful...

Re: Can someone confirm a legal point

A contract is a binding agreement between two parties. Once you sign, you agree to be bound.

I would have entirely thought it kicks in the moment you sign your name, unless someone can suggest otherwise.

Comment

Once correctly signed, legally bound. No question.

Comment

I am sure you can cancel your contract at any point.
        However, if a buyer who they introduced ends up buying your property, then you'll have to pay them the commission as agreed per your contract.

Comment

Hi Starlitegaize

My understanding is that as soon as the contract is signed then it is legally binding. That is ofcourse, if the contract is correctly initialed and signed. Then there is no getting out of it.
          Michelle Alden- Property to Rent

Comment

Working...
          X