Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling and buying conveyancing charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling and buying conveyancing charges

I am using the same solicitor for the conveyancing of selling my property and buying the new house. Been quoted £795+Vat for selling and £750+Vat for buying + disbursements . ARe these amounts reasonable? The total amount would be around £5000 inclusive app. Many thanks
    rickf

Re: Selling and buying conveyancing charges

MIstake, all in all around £2500 not £5000

Comment

Re: Selling and buying conveyancing charges

Hi, If anybody is interested I have some properties available whether you are looking at buy to let or first time buyers. These properties tend to be either 2 or 3 beds and are based in Doncaster.
      Good idea - Doncaster is a really thriving place with lots of employment possibilities and yuppies wanting to rent.....if you believe that!!!!... and I'm not sure what this has got to do with Conveyancing Charges.

I am using the same solicitor for the conveyancing of selling my property and buying the new house. Been quoted £795+Vat for selling and £750+Vat for buying + disbursements . ARe these amounts reasonable?
      How much are you selling for and buying for? Are they both freehold houses and is there a mortgage to pay off on the sale and a new mortgage on the purchase?
      RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
      As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

Working...
      X