Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do house sellers choose a particular estate agent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do house sellers choose a particular estate agent

I am undertaking some research to establish how U.K house sellers select a particular estate agent after talking to the recommended 3 agents.
    What is it that makes the difference?

Commission rate
    Recommendation from a friend
    The agent with the highest valuation
    Other ...?

Any feedback on how house sellers made their decision would be much appreciated

Thanks

Carol

Re: Why do house sellers choose a particular estate agent

Originally posted by Carol Jones View Post
    I am undertaking some research to establish how U.K house sellers select a particular estate agent after talking to the recommended 3 agents.
    What is it that makes the difference?

Commission rate
    Recommendation from a friend
    The agent with the highest valuation
    Other ...?

Any feedback on how house sellers made their decision would be much appreciated

Thanks

Carol
    Carol it could be anyone of the above or a host of other reasons - what size of agency they are, some people prefer a smaller agency, how many boards they have up and how many have sold on them. are they knowledgeable, members of national bodies, etc. There are loads of reasons.

I get a lot of my business on recommendations but in a lot of cases a seller will decide on whether or not they like the valuer/staff that they meet. Some people can instantly attract or the opposite.

Comment

Working...
    X