Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shortage of sellers or buyers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shortage of sellers or buyers?

It is very difficult to reconcile the claims being made about a shortage of properties on sale with my experience in the English Midlands.

I have spend most of the last month going round houses for sale and in almost every case I was the first person since Christmas to view their property! So to me it looks like a shortage of buyers?

Re: Shortage of sellers or buyers?

The property market is very local driven - meaning some areas are faring better than others, some areas are faring worse than others. Also, different property types are suffering differently (for example, town centre flats are often flat, but even detached properties in a lot of areas are proving slow to shift).

Worth being cheeky with your offers.

Comment

might all change with the new companies moving/starting up in that area, so i reckon demand will increase greatly in the next 5 years or so
      Callaways Estate and Letting Agents Brighton and Hove
      Please Follow me on Twitter HERE

Comment

Down in Cornwall it's a shortage of sellers, even the properties that have been sitting on the market for 1 yr + are starting to get snapped up. But like you say, it'll vary between different areas.

Comment

Working...
        X