Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Property chain confusion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property chain confusion!

We have recently sold our property to an investor who is a cash buyer and has no previous property to sell - so essentially the start of the chain. We have a found a property we like and want to make an offer. As out buyer is a cash buyer they didn't want to get locked into a chain and preferred that we wait for the house purchase to go through before looking elsewhere which we agreed to as we have relatives we can stay with in the time we are without a property so aren't dependent on the next sale going through at the same time. My question is, if we offer on the house we like whilst our buyer is still in the chain, what are the implications to them? In theory they shouldn't be affected in any way as we are prepared to stay with family whilst our purchase goes through, am I missing something?

Hi there,

You're completely right - your buyer is just hoping to proceed as quickly as possible. If you're moving in with family anyway, then you starting the purchasing process will have no impact on your buyer. This sounds like a really smart move - I wish you the best in your move!

Comment

Working...
    X