Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disappointed already or maybe I am thinking of the worse.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointed already or maybe I am thinking of the worse.

The wife currently has a mortgage with a certain bank for 5 years now. We have just sold the house, found new one all okay. Just had survey on ours and paid for survey on new one. Mortgage passed after 3 hour mortgage advisor call on Monday. Then today she gets a call from someone asking more questions on affordability, it sounded like the under writer. They then said mortgage advisor will call her back in 24 hours. To me the whole process is now dead in the water, even after she is putting 40 percent deposit down on the new house. What a joke the whole process is, but if the mortgage has been declined by the underwriters the whole thing falls through. Would not even mind but no chain is involved and first time buyers buying our house. But could be that banks are in cash flow trouble again hence not lending as often. I just don't know, any advice welcome.

The only thing I can think it may be is length of employment in new job. Maybe they require proof of contract. Or reference?

Comment

Working...
    X