Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hips reports and changing estate agents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ownerhome
    replied
    Unless you have paid upfront for the HIPs it probably belongs to your agent (check your contract). There's usually some sort of tie in clause if so, whereby if you move agents you have to pay for the HIPs or have another report done. It may have been built into your final commission to the agent?

If you own the HIPs then any estate agent should accept it, if they don't then I certainly wouldn't use them!

Leave a comment:

• holidayhutch
    started a topic Hips reports and changing estate agents

Hips reports and changing estate agents

We have recently put our house on the market and had a HIPS report done which was arranged via our estate agent. I have managed to get a full copy of the report via the internet and wondered what happens if you decide to switch Estate Agents. I know the report is valid for a year, but will a new agent insist on a new one being done or will they accept the one we have downloaded for our property from the internet?
Working...
X