Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surveys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surveys

• Sold our house subject to contract and the buyer is arranging a homebuyers report. Now it's been 14 years since I last bought a house so am a bit out of the loop. What is the homebuyers report and is it much to worry about? From googling it seems to suggest its just a slightly more detailed valuation report. How long do the take thanks
    Last edited by Property Admin; 22-02-2018, 03:14 PM.

Hiya,
    A HomeBuyer's Report isn't anything to worry about - it's a survey the buyer is paying for from the surveyor. It's detailed, but most appropriate for properties that aren't particularly old or have had much work done to them. It is less in depth than a building survey. Sometimes it can include a valuation, but it's more about looking for any hidden problems that might cause the buyer issues down the road. You can find out more about homebuyers reports here.
    reallymoving.com provides information on the HomeBuyer Report, previously known as the Homebuyers Survey and Valuation (HSV) and why it is recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by AndiM View Post
      Hiya,
      A HomeBuyer's Report isn't anything to worry about - it's a survey the buyer is paying for from the surveyor. It's detailed, but most appropriate for properties that aren't particularly old or have had much work done to them. It is less in depth than a building survey. Sometimes it can include a valuation, but it's more about looking for any hidden problems that might cause the buyer issues down the road. You can find out more about homebuyers reports here.
      Thanks. So essentially is fairly basic and limited in what they check. Sort they don't go on the roof or go up I to the loft ect other than cursory look. My house was only built in 2000 and I would personally say in good condition. Yes the boiler could do with being replaced as it as a basic combi boiler but works fine and never had any issues with it and all electrics ect work. And front pvc door has a bit where the outer pvc has come away a little but that's it really. Is getting gas and electricty certificates needed or is that overkill.

Comment

Survey finally done today. Was here for about 22 minutes in total from getting out if the car and going. Just have to wait now.

Comment

Normally a Homebuyers survey even on a modern property would take 90 mins to 2 hours!

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Dodgson BSc FRICS View Post
            Normally a Homebuyers survey even on a modern property would take 90 mins to 2 hours!
            Yep, I saw surveys like these, too

Comment

Surveys are very helpful in understanding the present marketing trends.

Comment

Working...
              X