Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are Solicitors SO SLOW !!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are Solicitors SO SLOW !!!!!!

Need a rant !

Offer accepted.

Survey done.
    Draft Contracts drawn up.............

Now im just waiting and its annoying the heck out of me.

Solicitors are sooooooooo slow !

Feel like ringing the buyers and my solicitors and put a rocket up their a$$....... lol.

Rant over !

Its good to vent. It's just one of the many stressful parts of buying/selling property. Hang in there you'll get there in the end.
    Portugal Property for Sale

Comment

After e mailing my solicitors and estate agents they are now starting to take note that im not willing just ti sit back and wait.

12 weeks being patient is enough !

Survey has come back apparantly with no issues raised.

The buyer is asking for a quick completion date.

Estate Agents advise the buyer just needs to sign some paperwork up in regards to their mortgage.

My solicitors are now chasing their solicitors.

Fingers crossed !!

Comment

Maybe I'm just lucky - but on my last move I found the solicitor (Brethertons, Banbury) impressively quick. On two occasions when I needed a letter typed (one for my bank to release funds), the letter was typed at the front reception desk while I watched, and the envelope handed to me there and then. Every other conveyancing action was processed with similar urgency. Almost as if they were on some kind of speed-based reward scheme.
        Renovation opportunity, 3b det., Carmarthenshire
        http://www.webbo.weebly.com

Comment

You're not on your on Lee. I am finding it frustrating as well. Our buyers want to move in as soon as possible. In particular if there have been no queries on survey etc then why is does it take so long? Can only imagine that searches on the property take sometime as well.

Comment

Working...
          X