Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I ask to see the mortgage survey report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I ask to see the mortgage survey report

The buyer of my property had a standard survey carried out today.

Can I request to see the report or not ?

Just want to be nosey .... !!

Originally posted by lee View Post
    The buyer of my property had a standard survey carried out today.

Can I request to see the report or not ?

Just want to be nosey .... !!
    You can ask but unlikely they will let you, they are under no obligation to do so. But if they were to come back to you and say they were reducing the price because of something in the report I would ask them to provide evidence by at least showing you the relevant page. If they are being honest they'll do it.

Comment

Ok thanks for the reply.

Going on the assumption that the survey comes back with no isses{ fingers crossed},
      what are the next stages.

My solicitor already holds a draft copy of the contract which will have been forwarded to the buyers solicitor.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
        Ok thanks for the reply.

Going on the assumption that the survey comes back with no isses{ fingers crossed},
        what are the next stages.

My solicitor already holds a draft copy of the contract which will have been forwarded to the buyers solicitor.
        To the best of my knowledge it should be fairly straightforward once the buyer gets their mortgage offer. However, I am based in the Scottish system which is very different so ask your solicitor or agent. Get your money's worth out of them.

Comment

Hi, basic steps still to go:
          1) Mortgage offer to be issued to your buyer
          2) Buyer signs mortgage offer and gives to solicitor
          at the same time
          1) Buyer's solicitor looks at contact and raises additional enquiries, these are usually an almost standard set of further questions modified for the type of property - if freehold usually pretty easy, if a leasehold property some questions will also need to go to the freeholder and management company.
          2) Buyers sol raises searches with the local authority
          3) Once all responses back from your solicitor to above questions buyers sol will either send out report with contact for signing to client or get clients in to run through everything. Contract is signed.
          4) Deposit paid to buyers sol for transfer to yours on exchange
          5) Completion date (when you actually move) agreed

6) Signed contract + signed mortgage offer + deposit money lodged = exchange - get packing you are moving on the completion date.

Phew, hope that helps. Looks like lots but alot goes on in background at the same time.

Good luck with your move.

Comment

Working...
          X