Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips needed on selling house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips needed on selling house

Hi, im new to this game and just needed some help or advice on how to sell my house. I put it up for sale in March as I am moving abroad (if it ever sells!!) and put it on a few thousand below the valued price with a local estate agent. I have had three viewings through the estate agent yet no buyers. No ne has said that they didnt like the house they just didnt want to buy. I have now dropped the price by 10k hoping to gain more interest. Is there anything else I should be doing. I am also doing my own adverts on free sites and local papers as well as an advert in my car whilst travelling. Its a great house in a lovely area and everyone is wondering why it hasnt sold... im starting to think this house is jinxed. Its been fully renovated and is offered at well below the asking price. i must be doing something wrong.

Is the EA conducting the viewings or merely sending them along at a time suitable to you so that you show them round?

If the latter, maybe they can 'smell your fear'. How long have you lived there, and when was the last time that you showed someone around a house with a view to sellling it?

Did you put any thought into the technique of showing them round, or do you just leave them to it?

What do you do to tempt them or persuade them to buy your house?

Do you ask for feedback, do you ask them for a Y/N on whether they want to buy?

I take it your house is impeccably presented, and looks like a show home every time someone comes in..... else there may be advice to be offered there.

Comment

put it by a few agents take your time

Comment

Working...
      X