Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to sell without an Estate Agent? If so, the BBC wants to hear from you!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to sell without an Estate Agent? If so, the BBC wants to hear from you!

ARE YOU THINKING OF SELLING YOUR HOME?
    WANT TO BYPASS THE ESTATE AGENT?

The BBC’s THE ONE SHOW is looking for people to take part in a strand of short films that ask ‘Can We Live Without Estate Agents?’ We’ll follow the progress of a number of families and couples as they each try to sell their home without any help from an estate agent. From home valuation and promotion through to buyer viewings, presenter and money saving expert, Martin Lewis, will be on hand to advise our families as they get ever closer to completion day.

If you are interested in taking part or would like to find out more, send an email with the subject heading ‘Can You Live Without… Estate Agents’ to [email protected]

WANT TO BYPASS THE ESTATE AGENT?

Sounds painfull , looks like i could be out of a job soon,

Comment

I guess people do it all the time, but I think I'd prefer to avoid many of the headaches of buying a home, thank you very much. A real estate agent can deal with some things that you might not know that much about.

Comment

I've sold and bought with and without realtors and come down on the side of realtors. They absorb a lot of the work that I don't want to deal with so their fee is worth it. The Beeb seems to be stretching for stories lately lol.

Comment

Guess they're going to make a "reality" tv show out of it - Surviving Selling Your Home - or some such. Of course, it might be informative to someone who would actually like to do that. You never can tell.

Comment

Yea, and now they have cut new the making of new programmes (again) we will get to see it over and over and over..

Comment

No Estate Agents = No Commission!

My husband runs a private property sale website called 4gettheagent and we believe that many people don't realise just how easy it is to sell your home without an estate agent. I used to work within an estate agency environment and could tell a few stories that would shock those that spend money on employing them! At the end of the day there will always be property owners that either do not have the time or the inclination to save money and not use an estate agent - but for those that realise they can go it alone, "Good for You! Enjoy spending the money you'll save!".

Comment

Working...
              X