Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrible Open House

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible Open House

I went with a friend to look at a house this weekend. Oh my goodness. The people were still living in the home but the first thing was the smell when you walked in. It was terrible. Not only that but the bathroom was filthy. I cannot see how they expect to sell this house in a timely manner if they are not even willing to clean up some for the people coming through. This was the worst one I have ever been to.

Some people really are like that so I'm not surprised - you have my sympathies, tate03!!

It's amazing that after the glut of homes and selling/buying programs on TV that so many still don't *get* the fundamentals of buying and or selling a home.

But they still exist...

Repeat after me - neutral colours...

Comment

I hear you. I would never let someone walk through my house if it was like this. I would be so embarrased myself.

Comment

Wow ...I'm surprised the estate agent even allowed an open house with a situation like that. When I had mine, they were all over things, and I had to repaint the basement floor at the 11th hour. I was cursing them, but it worked!

Comment

open house

I have been to many open houses. And I agree you find some that are so bad. You wonder what they are thinking letting people go into there homes.

Comment

I think those kinds of open houses are as much a reflection on the estate agent for allowing it as it is on the owners. When a house just isn't ready, you have to approach selling it totally differently. Open houses cost the agents money so it's a silly decision.

Comment

You know I never even thought about the agent. But you are definently correct on that one. Doesn't say alot for the agency either.

Comment

I know I am surprised that some people do not make their home more presentable before showing the house. Don't they realize it would be easier to sell if it made a better impression?

Comment

Some people have to be prepared when they do an open house. They have to clean up, etc.. They shouldn't just sit around and do nothing and expect you to come.

Comment

Maybe, it is their current economic or financial situation that forced them to sell the house. You can't expect someone to repaint or totally clean the house if they are undergoing financial difficulty.

Comment

Working...
                    X