Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sell by owner or get professional help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Webster
    replied
    Re: Sell by owner or get professional help?

I would think that if you could sell a house by yourself you would save yourself some money. You wouldn't have to pay to have a realtor. That being said I know someone that did try this and she just wasn't getting the exsposure or the buyers like she did when she decided to go with a realtor.
    If you were trying to sell a house or flat in England/Wales using a realtor would not help very much because I don't know that there are any here. They are all in the US!

Seriously though the point is that unless you really do know what you are doing you could find a buyer that says he is all keen but has nil chance of getting a mortgage or is involved in some hopelessly long chain that will never get itself together - will you be able to check all that?

Leave a comment:

• JamesM
    replied
    Re: Sell by owner or get professional help?

a private house sales website will tell you to sell it yourself and an estate agent will tell you to use an estate agent. you have to decide on your own capability and willingness to walk the path less travelled in the hope of saving some money.

Leave a comment:

• tater03
    replied
    I would think that if you could sell a house by yourself you would save yourself some money. You wouldn't have to pay to have a realtor. That being said I know someone that did try this and she just wasn't getting the exsposure or the buyers like she did when she decided to go with a realtor.

Leave a comment:

• duck
    started a topic Sell by owner or get professional help?

Sell by owner or get professional help?

How many of you sell your homes on your own and how many of you seek professional help? Anything to watch out for in either scenario?
Working...
X