Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sell by owner or get professional help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sell by owner or get professional help?

If you are going to do it without an agent - make sure you get a good lawyer to advise you.
    Looking for a large mortgage?

Comment

I'm glad that went well with the cash buyers- though most feedback i get from people i know who got quotes they were quite a bit below market value!

Comment

Yes many do use online portals such as those.

Comment

Some estate agents will charge a fortune, but I know a few who will only charge 1%.

Otherwise, you can save money by selling online - there are some free sites (like gumtree) who are good and they have lots of exposure. I'm finding quite a few people are selling themselves.

Hope this helps,
          Rachel.
          www.rachelpropertylady.co.uk

Comment

There are plenty of advantages and savings when selling your own home, however there is a good point raised it can be difficult to seperate legitimate buyers who can get a mortgage and those that can't. However as most sales come from buyers viewing rightmove.com and other websites, which estate agents use themselves you should stand as good a chance of finding a buyer as the estate agents would.

Comment

Originally posted by jtrader View Post
              There are plenty of advantages and savings when selling your own home, however there is a good point raised it can be difficult to seperate legitimate buyers who can get a mortgage and those that can't. However as most sales come from buyers viewing rightmove.com and other websites, which estate agents use themselves you should stand as good a chance of finding a buyer as the estate agents would.
              So how does a private seller get on Rightmove then ?

Comment

How did it all work out then- did the offer for cash go through? It's always interesting to see the final outcome and if the house owners actually gets a good deal.

Comment

Oh sorry to not answer your question, as per my link below such websites have options to sell your own home on rightmove or other property portals.

Comment

Originally posted by drhouse View Post
                    So how does a private seller get on Rightmove then ?
                    As a private seller, I don't believe you can post on Rightmove. You have to be an Estate Agent to advertise on Rightmove.

This makes sense if you think about it, because they have standards to conform to on Rightmove.

Comment

Originally posted by glen_jai View Post
                      As a private seller, I don't believe you can post on Rightmove. You have to be an Estate Agent to advertise on Rightmove.

This makes sense if you think about it, because they have standards to conform to on Rightmove.
                      Sorry you misunderstood. I was asking jtrader how he was suggesting a private seller got on rightmove which he didn't really answer. An online agent can as well as a high st agent but there are a lot of private sale sites out there as well who can't or shouldn't be on rightmove.

Comment

Originally posted by drhouse View Post
                        Sorry you misunderstood. I was asking jtrader how he was suggesting a private seller got on rightmove which he didn't really answer. An online agent can as well as a high st agent but there are a lot of private sale sites out there as well who can't or shouldn't be on rightmove.
                        I think Rightmove charge quite a big monthly fee (region of £500) to advertise on their site. You probably don't need to be an Estate agent, but the expensive fee certainly prevents many of the smaller private sites from using Rightmove.
                        So if they can afford the fees, then there's doesn't seem like there's anything stopping them posting on there.

Comment

In addition to that I just had a look at the Rightmove terms and conditions.
                          Clause 1 states:
                          Agent means any person, firm or corporate entity primarily in the business of selling or letting residential or commercial
                          properties or land on behalf of multiple unrelated third parties.
                          This means you do not strictly need to be an Estate Agent to advertise with them.
                          Hope this helps.

Glen

Comment

They do not accept listings from a private individual. Online sites must be able to prove that they do some level of agency - usually a valuation in person at least - before they are accepted as site members. If they allowed private listings estate agents would leave in droves.

Comment

It will be good if you can sell your property by your own as you will save a lots of money.Search a realtors only if you dont have any other option.Good Luck!!!!!
                              Builders in London

Comment

There are many ways to sell a property: by auction, privately, by instructing an estate agent, to name a few and, although it will definitely save you money selling privately, there are many pitfalls in doing so. My partner and I have a combined total of almost 30 years of selling property in the UK and overseas and have compiled an ebook 'How to sell your property quickly'. If you would like to receive a free pdf copy (60 pages) send me your email address and I will send you a copy.

Comment

Working...
                                X