Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sluggish buyer -- need advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sluggish buyer -- need advice

We agreed a sale nearly 9 weeks ago. Our property was on the market for only 14 days before we had an offer, which was much sooner than we expected. Everything seemed to be going so well -- perhaps too well. The survey was completed 4 weeks ago and we responded to queries, all of which were minor. We also set a completion date of 19 June, which was mutually agreeable to buyer and seller. We're now at the point where the contracts are ready and have been ready for nearly 2 weeks, but our buyer hasn't signed yet. Our solicitor and selling agent have both been trying to contact the buyer and their solicitor but haven't received a reply. I'm starting to feel worried because we are moving to the US and want to buy a house there, but can't pursue those plans until we exchange contracts here. At what point should we really start to press the issue? Would it be advisable to try to hunt for another offer at this stage? Should we give our buyers some form of ultimatum? Or do we just need to be patient and wait it out? Thanks in advance for your advice.

I am no expert but I would be tempted to re-market your property informing your "buyer" that this should not be considered an agressive move but if you do not and this person pulls out you will have lost a lot of time at the height of the buying season

regards bisbee

Comment

same situation

Sounds like you're buyers are just like ours! We were all set to exchange yesterday and nobody could get hold of our buyers! They seemed to have vanished!! They were fully aware that we were all set to exchange with a view to completing next week.

They have been a nightmare from the start and we really regret dealing with them!!!

People like this are very selfish and deceitful and have no consideration for other people's feelings or circumstances. I actually called round the main estate agents in the area to warn them of this couple. It turns out that they were actually viewing properties at the weekend!!!!

All I can say is put your property back on the market. That's what we're doing!!!!!

Good luck

Comment

Working...
      X