Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sell property for free

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sell property for free

Hi,

I'm trying to get some information on a website called ourpropertymove.co.uk ? We've seen one of their adverts in the local paper about a 30 day free trial to sell your house on their website.

I took a look and they say that even if we are with an agent we can also sell it privately? Is this right?

Anyone heard of them or sold privately?

CHeck the terms and conditions of your contract with an agent

Comment

Originally posted by calvinswatch View Post
      Hi,

I'm trying to get some information on a website called ourpropertymove.co.uk ? We've seen one of their adverts in the local paper about a 30 day free trial to sell your house on their website.

I took a look and they say that even if we are with an agent we can also sell it privately? Is this right?

Anyone heard of them or sold privately?
      Well, if they've simply resorted to spamming forums - as you were banned for doing - then that hardly suggests good things about the company at all.

Comment

Any type of 'multiple agency' will be subject to individual fees. It is unlikely that your traditional agent will be happy to waive his fee if you find a buyer from the internet. Occasionally i have used a tactic with agents that the one who finds my buyer gets the fee - but this is very rare.

You should check that the website is right for you - free is not always good as they have to earn money from somewhere!

Comment

Well, if you can sell your own house privately, why would you still use an agent? Even if they don't allow it, buyers and sellers will always find a way to contact each other without the intermediary knowing it.

Comment

It's all in the important contract.

You can use the LayStar site to 'advertise' and market your property for free at the moment (it's new and we're filling books)

Go with an agent and you be expected to sign a contract of the following types (in order of most tied in to least tied in)
            Sole selling rights - the agent can be the only seller
            Sole agency - the agent can be the only agent
            Multi-agency - any agent can sell

The first two are based upon a period of normally three months and during that period, if you sell via some other means, you will still be liable to pay the agent's fee.
            For a multi-agency agreement, it is the agent that intrioduced the buyer that gets the fee

Internet-based private marketing offer you a means of marketing for, normally, an up-front fee

Comment

Selling your home

Hi

Just for starters lets take a looking at the average house price some £170000 estate agent fees to sell your house.

A staggering £3400 based on 2%

You can buy a lot of advertising for that, you could even get your own sale board made.

I use this all the time, something to consider.

Regards

Chris

Comment

It has been my experience that you cannot sell your home privately although I guess it would depend on your contract with the particular agent you use. I would rather try to sell privately before hiring an agent simply because you would profit more this way.

Comment

Hi there,

Anyone considering advertising their property privately as well as via an estate agent just needs to check their contract. Generally there are three types of contract:

Sole Agency -
                  Multiple Agency -
                  Sole Selling Rights -

The sole selling rights contract is the one where you have agreed that only your estate agent has the right to sell your home for you. But it is important to remember that these contracts are very rare.

I would always recommend advertising privately as well as any other means you choose, e.g. via an estate agent. Advertising privately can be very inexpensive and if you secure a sale from it, you will have saved thousands!

Comment

sole Agency

As everyone says check your agreement first. You are able to sell your property with another agent but the first agent cannot be on a sole agreement with you. There is usually a time limit with this so check out how long you have had it up with the other agent

Comment

Things have slightly changed recently due to Tescos. The OFT recently ruled that tescos were in fact acting as an estate agent.

This U-Turn came after a period of pressure from estate agents that were unhappy with tescos potentially taking business from them.

OFT has left their ruling as clear as mud stating that FSBO sites 'may be found' to be carrying out estate agency work if they have for example a messaging system or their own phone number on 'for sale boards'. The word MAY leaves everybody to carry on as usual until another court case happens.

In short do not worry unless you are on a 'sole selling rights' contract until we hear otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                      X