Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

selling in South Africa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• selling in South Africa

Has anyone any advice on marketing a property in the UK which is located South Africa without having to travel through a wall of agents?

Many thanks

ABHM

I would have thought that if you went through a major estate agents then you should be able to get the property listed on sites such as rightmove.co.uk, which is probably the biggest property portal in the UK.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks Brian
      It does help, I am trying to sell my house privately but I see your point in terms of the exposure aspect. Also having had an agent who did the bare minimal with my property for a length of time really did lead to disenchantment with ecploring that route. It is also challenging to go through UK agents without using agents here in South Africa but I will approach some directly

many thanks and best regards
      ABHM

Comment

I know an estate agent who might be able to help, by the looks of it you have had bad experiences but the estate I am referring done a good job of selling some land I had in Canada once, they are only small but they have a good exposure and seem to know their stuff.

If you are interested, their name is David Stanley Redfern and they are based in Nottingham. If you need I can get some more details for you if you want?
        Matt

Comment

If you ONLY want to sell the property to UK residents, all good and well.. but wouldn't you be better off hiring a South African agent to sell it within their own market........? Wouldn't this be more likely to acheive a sale? Or is it failure to sell within SA that leads you to advertise it here?

Comment

Working...
          X