Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

virtual tours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virtual tours

have you guys tried including a virtual tour when listing your property online? how did it go?

I've viewed a few while searching for property online - definitely think the more photos and visuals there are, the better for helping make a decision.

However, a big pointer I've found is that a house can often look and feel very different to a simple set of photos.

Therefore the photos and visual imagery needs to present a taster to attract interest, rather than to make an immediate buying decision in itself.

2c.

Comment

I,ve never heard of the virtual tour before!
      Have any of you guys got a website I can take a look at which provide this service!
      Im curious as to what it looks like!

Comment

I've never looked at a virtual tour either. I definitely prefer looking at photos beforehand, however different thehouse may be, it just feels more honest and secure. A virtual tour would definitely interest me when buying.

Comment

I have never listed a house with a virtual tour. But I like to go and look at the virtual tours of multi million dolloar houses.

Comment

Virtual tour

I have never but a house on virtual tour. But I do look at them all the time. Especially the one out of state. I think it would work great when looking for a vacation home.

Comment

There was one, I don't have it bookmarked anymore but is was for houses for sale in Hawaii. Oh my goodness some of these homes were like something out of a dream. I haven't looked in awhile but I used to all the time.

Comment

I think virtual tours are a great tool. Not only can a buyer sort through things quickly and without an estate agent breathing down your neck, but it also helps the sellers weed out disinterested parties. Sometimes, things do look different when you see it in reality but at least you've got an idea before wasting petrol! LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by brian View Post
                  I've viewed a few while searching for property online - definitely think the more photos and visuals there are, the better for helping make a decision.

However, a big pointer I've found is that a house can often look and feel very different to a simple set of photos.

Therefore the photos and visual imagery needs to present a taster to attract interest, rather than to make an immediate buying decision in itself.

2c.
                  Agreed - images are helpful guides, but you really need to step into any property to really apprciate it. This is especially as the camera shots usually can't take a good view of all the space in a room, so pleasant surprises can easily be had.

Comment

Photos will attract the buyers but if you are the buyer yourself, do not just trust a photo for you to make a decision. Try taking a picture of home, does it look better in picture. Our home does so I presume, pictures will exaggerate the look of our home. It is not good if I am the one to buy.

Comment

LayStar has researched this area in some depth. We found that many sites that offer this service often charge a significant amount for it, maybe as much as £200. Quite so because, as they say, they need to send someone to your property to take photos and then process them in their VT software.

So, this got us thinking about ways of providing the service and avoiding the costs. We now have the means to offer a DIY package, but we aren’t offering it yet. The reason is that we are unsure of its true value.

Whilst we have seen some really good VTs, we have also seen some completely naff offerings (that people must have paid for).

We are of the opinion that a few really good photos, coupled with good, honest descriptions of property and rooms, will serve better than for loads of not-so-good photos with little description.

When you get critical about photos in on-line and high street property marketing packs you see loads of mistakes. For example, fronts of property taken with emphasis on the garage seem quite normal; parked cars and even caravans parked in front of the property hiding what is being sold; a photo of a field, which may be (not always obvious) the view, but not what buyers will actually live in; under-exposed photos of rooms, making them look dark and dingy; cluttered rooms, and so on.

Comment

Hello everyone.
                        Interesting thread on virtual tours. I have been looking into this extensively the last couple of months with the intention of offering them as a service on my private property sales website.
                        I too couldnt believe some of the prices being charged for this service so I set about trying to negiotiate the best value price possible.
                        It took sometime I can tell you. Eventually I had a virtual tour done as an example of the work, and Im now in the position of my site offering this service from april onwards for only £170. That includes 5 rooms, and a professional external photograph of the property.

This offer will be available to everybody nationwide very soon, so that you can increase the exposure of your free property listing on my website, or for you to use on your own site or anywhere you wish.
                        I my opinion virtual tours definatley help in selling property on the internet which is fast becoming the most popular way to sell.

Comment

I haven't actually sold a house with a virtual tour but I would recommend it. Being a potential buyer, it is something that I DO look for. I would highly recommend adding one if you can.

Comment

Have you considered retouching your property images. There are a number of websites that can remove camera lens distortion, reduce flash reflections, increase vibrancy and colour correction. This one in particular allows you to upload sets of images for a property to ensure consistency between the photos, i.e. the blue of the sky in two exterior photos or the colour of the walls of a room in two interior shots is consistent within the set. Retouch Genie Ltd - Online photo retouching, image enhancement and photo restoration services

Comment

Originally posted by House Finder View Post
                              Hello everyone.
                              Interesting thread on virtual tours. I have been looking into this extensively the last couple of months with the intention of offering them as a service on my private property sales website.
                              I too couldnt believe some of the prices being charged for this service so I set about trying to negiotiate the best value price possible.
                              It took sometime I can tell you. Eventually I had a virtual tour done as an example of the work, and Im now in the position of my site offering this service from april onwards for only £170. That includes 5 rooms, and a professional external photograph of the property.

This offer will be available to everybody nationwide very soon, so that you can increase the exposure of your free property listing on my website, or for you to use on your own site or anywhere you wish.
                              I my opinion virtual tours definatley help in selling property on the internet which is fast becoming the most popular way to sell.
                              My experience is that a buyer will look at a virtual tour, think they have seen the property and then decide not to bother with a physical viewing. A few good pics should give buyers a taste of what the property offers and make them want to view more.

There is no substitute for actually viewing personally. The actuality is often very different from the "virtual reality"

Comment

Working...
                              X