Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curb Appeal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curb Appeal

What do you think is the most essential point when preparing a house for curb appeal. Do you work hard on curb appeal, or do you feel as-is should sell a place?

i haven't really sold a home before but i think it's definitely important to pay special attention in improving one's curb appeal. this is especially since the front part of your home sets the mood for your potential buyers. it's more like writing where you have to make your first few sentences appeal to the readers, otherwise they are more likely to put down your work before they even finish it. trimming the bushes and mowing the lawn would definitely be a great idea. also, the landscape should look nice and well taken care of. if i were a home buyer, i would definitely take note of such details.

Comment

See if the paintwork outside is still ok, hang up some plants by the entrance., that kind of thing can really help.

Comment

I have always painted external render, stone mullions etc to make it look clean and well looked after. Simple stone chippings on borders and paths always looks nice.

Comment

I think anything you can do to improve the outside of your house you should definitely do. It is the first thing that the home buyer will see, and first impressions are important.

Comment

Yes, I would have to agree that the curb appeal is the first thing a potential buyer sees. I have actually myself when looking for a home drove right past houses that might have had what I wanted on the inside but looked terrible on the outside.

Comment

Curb appeal doesn't even have to be anything amazing. It's more the point that if you walk up to your propertly and see something wrong you need to fix it. You can be forgiving about little issues, but a buyer certainly may not be.

Of course, if you can generally improve anything about your property - simply, effectively, and without going to extremes - then IMO you're on the right track.

Comment

curb appeal

When looking for a house I think curb appeal is important. You want your house to look inviting. If the outside of your house looks nice it will make them want to come inside and see the rest of it.

Comment

They say curb appeal is very important. It is what people see when they pull up before they go in and look around the house.

Comment

I have read that a large percentage of home buyers decide whether or not to look inside a house or take it seriously based on its curb appeal—the view they see when they drive by or arrive for a showing. You can help make sure they want to come inside your house by spending some time working on the its exterior appearance.

Comment

Working...
                    X