Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching property prices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching property prices

Since I finally bought a house I've still been checking up on property websites to check out the state of the local housing market.

Got to admit, I'm really glad we jumped onto the property ladder when we did - our budget was finally around £200k (squeezed to £205k) for a 4 bedroom house, but over the past couple of months 4 bedroom properties in that price bracket are no longer available.

In fact, on the same estate the 3 bedroom versions are now going for offers over £190k, which means they're looking for around £200k.

And one of the other 4 bedrooms properties is now up for a fixed price of £215k.

They do have a garage, and we don't - but what we do have is a larger plot and open seaviews, so I figure it evens out.

I guess that means, by comparison, and *presuming* the asking prices are reasonable - that our property has effectively gone up £10,000 since we bought it - which is nice.

Also, we're living in Nairn at present - but looking by comparison at a lot of other property prices in Scotland I think Nairn is very undervalued - the location is great, and better living than that developments nearer Inverness (Smithton, Milton of Culloden, etc).

With the property market continuing to hold strength in Scotland, I'm looking forward to seeing Nairn even up and see the 4 bedrooms selling at £250k.

Doing so would certainly give a nice sense of security.

It is always good to invest with property. If you can think of business, buy properties at low price and wait a few years, the price will surely go up.

Comment

Working...
    X