Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U-turn on HCR packs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U-turn on HCR packs

Looks like the HCR reports will be voluntary, rather than mandatory:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5192100.stm

The Conservatives have accused the government of a "U-turn" over its plans to delay the introduction of part of its flagship house sale packs.

Housing Minister Yvette Cooper says the survey element of the packs needed further testing and will not come into force in June 2007 as planned.

There are also concerns there will not be enough inspectors to cope with demands for home condition reports.

Michael Gove, for the Tories, said the plans are now "a complete shambles".

His party has urged the government to scrap the packs, which it says could cost homeowners up to £1,000 each.
    Probably a good thing, considering that the estate agency industry has been complaining of a lack of qualified workforce to deliver the packs on target in June 2007.

However, still a good idea. Remarkable that it's taken more than 5 years to get this far, though.

I think its definitely a good thing, from what I've heard it was hardly likely to be a success.

Comment

Indeed, I think a run of voluntary packs with a timescale to make mandatory would probably have worked best - let the markets warm to them. Instead, the government tried to push too fast, so what they've ended up with is basically a mess - and simply renamed and repriced a basic survey upwards.

Comment

Working...
      X