Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.


No announcement yet.

Live in Landlord - Building Insurance

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Live in Landlord - Building Insurance

    I am currently in the process of buying a property which I will be living in but where I will be renting one or two of the rooms out. I need a quote for building insurance for the mortgage. I went ahead thinking I would need Landlord's insurance but the first company I tried are saying that Landlord's Insurance will be invalid if I live there and that I need to get normal building insurance from a company that will allow me to rent rooms out. Is this true?

    If so any hints/tips of who will allow this at a good price?


  • #2
    If it's building's insurance alone you're looking for, then this may work out cheaper for you - it's worth asking an insurance broker about this, because if there are any special conditions for live in landlords, I'm sure they'll be able to properly advise on options.

    Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but welcome to Home Move.