Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expat mortgage UK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expat mortgage UK

Hi,

I'm currently an expat living abroad and I'm looking into buying a house in the UK. I'm unsure whether I'll be getting a residential or buy to let mortgage. Can anyone offer me any advice on either bearing in mind that I'm a non-UK resident.

Thanks and regards,

Hannah

Re: Expat mortgage UK

Buy to let would be the best option for you.
    Moving Consultant
    Watson Removals Brighton
    Web: www.watsonremovalsbrighton.co.uk

Comment

Lisa is correct: a residential mortgage is for you (or a close relative) living in the property, whereas a BTL mortgage is when someone else lives there.

Based on the short description of your situation, it sounds like that indeed you'll need a BTL mortgage. This is perfectly fine, there are lenders who can offer BTL mortgages to expats - subject to T&Cs of course.

If you are looking to buy a property for the purpose of letting it out, then you will need a buy to let mortgage, unless you are buying the property for cash. This complete guide will help clarify the buy to let process with its mortgage options, related costs, rules and regulations, taxation and many other aspects.
      I am a Mortgage Advisor
      For further information and for tailored advice:
      [email protected]

Comment

Working...
      X