Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Short assured tenancy question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short assured tenancy question

Hello, im new to this site

I have a question regarding my short assured tenancy. I have signed a lease for 1 year on a cottage(1st aug 2007 to 1st aug 2008)) but on the lease it also states under the act " The tenancy is for a period of not less than six months".

1. I need to leave this property due to job relocation (jan 2008), can i leave after 6 months with suitable notice or do I have to serve the full years lease?

2. Would I get my full deposit back?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, Cheers

Ouch - if you've signed for a 1 month lease then you may find that you get held to it - and that means paying the tenancy costs plus council taxes etc until the end of the terms of the tenancy.

However, it really does depend on the actual details in the agreement - definitely recommend you call a solicitor about this, to determine your actual legal standing with respect to your individual circumstances.

Sorry I couldn't have been of more help, but welcome to Home Move all the same.

Comment

Working...
    X