Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have no idea where to rent a property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have no idea where to rent a property

A little background, I am long term unemployed and only last year got on DLA and ESA benefits, despite having to work about the 50 hour mark on minimum wage(after tax) to get what I am receiving now I want to get back to work, or maybe college with weekend work(that way will be similar off to I am now and doing something)

Problem is where I live has only seasonal work in holiday parks and high unemployment so I need to move close to Glasgow for work, I looked at Paisley, and places in Glasgow but its only the rough areas that have reasonable rent but even then its hard to get a flat as I am only officially entitled to shared rate LHA of around £70 a week and cheapest flat is £320 a month so even if landlords take benefits they only take on ones that get the full benefits(despite the ones getting full benefits not getting anywhere as near as much as I get on disablity)

So with all that in mind I am stumped about where to move to, I have seen a £320 flat in ibrox but LHA is around £290 a month but 10 minutes to Glasgow on subway 20 minutes by bus compared to 65 minutes by bus now(add an extra 30 to that in morning rush hour) plus 15 minutes to bus station before that or a £299 flat about 7 miles from city centre but unfurnished and though the agency has no bad complaints about it online it seems not very good either so worry about potential problems and a few others around the same price point but I just worry about the crime in the area(but to be fair as long as I or visitors dont get mugged, shops are good and my flat doesnt get burgled I am fine)

I have seen cheap flats in East Kilbride but I know thats like a hour on bus or 30 minutes by train to Glasgow and no evening service for trains and the local facilities bar 2 cheap pubs where I can eat for like £4 is not for me(Glasgow has all the big shops, easy for transport for relatives that travel by bus etc)

Re: Have no idea where to rent a property

I think you go for Edinburgh Nice place where you can easily rent a home but it also depend on where you want to rent a home I mean where your office and college is located so you have to find near to that place.

Edinburgh is such a nice place to rent a home please try this.
    Lettings Agents Edinburgh - Property Management Services

Comment

Working...
    X