Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The American rental oppertunities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The American rental oppertunities

Hi everyone, I live in the UK and in less than two years will be inheriting a healthy sum of money. I've decided I want to be a property developer. Anyway I was looking on the internet and found loads of cheap houses in Detroit which cost less than 10k with nothing wrong with them. These properties are spacious with three or four bedrooms and claim to have tenants paying upto $600 a month which is like £450 a month. I did some calculations and I worked out I could buy up to 5 of these properties which are owned by the banks. The yield is 51% annual returns on some of them. Is this too good to be true and would this be a good investment from the other side of the Atlantic.

Re: The American rental oppertunities

If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

Comment

I agree. Anyway just wanted to show you a link to telegraph.

British buy-to-let investors cash in on repossessed US homes | Money | The Observer

Comment

My friend, DO NOT INVEST IN DETROIT as a rental property. Nobody is renting there. And the reason it's so cheap is that nobody is living there either. HOWEVER there is value there over the long-term. The U.S. auto industry is coming back and those factories can be refitted. Also, with BATMAN V SUPERMAN filming there, it's likely that Detroit could be a future shooting capital. However, this will take some time, and if you want healthy rental properties it will take too long. Riverside county southeast of Los Angeles has a healthy rental market and a collapsing homeowner's market, so that's a great place to buy rental properties -- lots of renters year-around. I hear anything near Downtown LA is good too because Google may buy a huge plot of LA land for a new headquarters and will be renting like crazy for their tens of thousands of new employees.
        Has anyone bought from http://www.gardencentredirect.co.uk ?

Comment

Working...
        X